What is Dual Credit and How Much Does It Cost?
Farmersville ISD has partnered with Collin College to offer dual credit courses to our students. Dual credit allows students to earn both high school and college credit for the same course.
Farmersville ISD covers the cost of tuition, books, and fees for approved dual credit courses taken through Collin College. Only courses listed in the academic planning guide or approved by administration will be covered by FISD.
Who is Eligible?
The opportunity to take dual credit courses is available to all FISD students that
- Meets minimum standards on the Texas Success Initiative Assessment (TSIA) or earn an exemption/waiver through an alternate assessment.
- Fulfill all Collin College admission criteria including timely submission of required documentation and forms.
- Have an 85 or better average in core subjects.
- Have 95 percent or greater attendance.
- Does not have significant discipline history.
Any FISD local requirement may be waived at the discretion of FISD administration. For more information about dual credit, please see your high school counselor. Qualifying students may begin the program at any grade level.
Dual Credit Associate Degree Pathway